unstructurally structural

The unstructurally structural ramblings of a South African Engineering student on exchange in Ghent, Belgium

Monday 6 February 2012

First days in Ghent

Last week I got on my 18 hour flight to Belgium. The flight was okay even though I struggled to sleep. After landing in Brussels I took the train to Ghent. Vicky, one of my housemates from Greece, met me at the train station, which was good, cause I would have gotten so lost! The airline left my bag somewhere between Cape Town, Doha and Brussels, so I only got it on Saturday, which was a good thing since it would've been quite a mission to hull around 23 kgs from tram to bus to house in fresh snow!

At the house I met my landlady, Bettina - who is really cool, her daughter, Amber, and the rest of my housemates: Vicky and Angela from Greece, Elina from Belgium and Lorna from Scotland. We all get along really well! There is also a dog and a cat in the house, which is really awesome and they're really cute!

Julian, the cat
Lanou, the dog


So today I decided to do registration and find a bank and a medical aid to apply to. Got lost quite a few times, but found my way back again! Plus at least I got some awesome pictures (more on Facebook)!

Bijschrift toevoegen
Picture taken while I was trying to figure out where  I am!


I thought I will struggle with the cold, but I must say it's not as bad as I thought. I think I've felt colder in the South African winter at 15 degrees than I felt today at 1 degree!



No comments:

Post a Comment